Gooding Joint School District No. 231
Student Vehicle Parking
Students are permitted to park on school premises as a matter of privilege, not of right. Patrols and inspections may be conducted without notice, without student consent, and without a search warrant. Students are required to unlock vehicles for reasonable inspection when required to do so by an administrator. Failure to cooperate may result in the loss of permission to drive a vehicle onto campus, in-school suspension or short-term suspension from school. In cases involving drugs, alcohol or firearms, the local sheriff or police may be called.
Students will be permitted to park their vehicle in the school parking lot provided they have:
- Current vehicle insurance policy;
- Driver’s license; and
Additional parking requirements include:
- Students must complete the Student Vehicle Parking form prior to parking on school grounds.
- Automobiles are restricted to parking in spaces marked for parking. All automobiles inappropriately parked are subject to being towed without additional warning and at owner’s
- The Gooding School District assumes no responsibility of automobiles left in the lot overnight.
- The Gooding School District is not responsible for theft or damage to automobiles parked in the student parking
- The student parking lot is off limits during normal class time, except when the student has written permission from an
- Students are prohibited from loitering in the parking lot. Students must enter the building immediately upon
Any violation of this policy shall result in the following:
- First Offense: Conference with administration and
- Second Offense: Conference with administration, parent and
- Third Offence: Loss of right.
Adopted on: July 17, 2012 Revised on: